Who we are
We are divinginfo.mt, a privately run website, that is unaffiliated with any other organisation. In a nutshell, right now this site is currently run by a small team of individuals, but does not exclude the participation of others. The aim of the site is for informational, educational, resource and campaigning purposes with regard to the diving community in the Maltese Islands. The site itself may in the future include activities of a commercial nature, but any proceeds from such activity would be earmarked to keep the site up and help the local diving community itself.
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What personal data do we collect or share?
- When you visit this website, within the web server access logs we collect your IP address, page visited or requested, date and time, browser and operating system version.
- We may also receive from you contact details and personal information if you decide to contact us by email or social media on Facebook.
- When you post comments both using the Disqus system or this website’s, these may be presented in the public view if the moderators decide so.
- Personal identification information may also be found within articles posted on, or linked through this website, photographs or videos.
- Icons such as the Facebook social media icon may leave cookies on your system.
The information collected above is retained for the purpose such data has been collected for, but in all cases, due to the archiving nature in the public interest of news. Comments posted through Disqus is stored and held on a separate system. Same applies for Facebook collected data.
Why do we collect this information?
We will use your information to:
- be able to provide the diving community with information and news related to the site’s mission;
- ensure the best information security standards related to the site infrastructure, including limiting visits and/or access to administrative accounts or malicious degradation of services;
- general administrative matters to maintain the lights on for this website in the most reduced manner;
Your personal information is stored in our online website system hosted at GreenGeeks and our organisation’s information systems which are based within the European Union. We do not share your information with other entities, and neither we transfer data with organisations that are based outside of the European Union or countries with equivalent Data Protection safeguards unless we inform you. However, please note that the website public content is obviously shared on the Internet, and such information could be viewed from anywhere.
We do follow basic security practices in order to secure your personal data as best as we can. Should we identify a breach which might put your data at risk, we will inform you either via a public message or by direct communication.
We do not use the information you provide to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
Your rights over your information
- You can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- You can also ask us to give you a portable copy of the information you have provided us through electronic means (website membership form) and to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
- Where we have no legitimate reason to further hold your data, except your consent for marketing purposes, you can ask us to delete your data.
To submit a request to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.idpc.org.mt or write to them at:
Information and Data Protection Commissioner
Level 2, Airways House, High Street
Sliema SLM 1549
Tel: (+356) 2328 7100